Chambersburg Rec Dept
235 South 3rd Street
Chambersburg, PA 17201

Office Hours:
Mon - Fri 8am - 5pm

Phone: (717) 261-3275

Fax: (717) 264-3367


Are pets allowed in Borough Recreation Parks?
No. Pets are NOT allowed in Borough of Chambersburg Recreation Parks. You will be asked to leave the park if pets are brought on the premises. However, pets are allowed on the Chambersburg Rail-Trail.

When does the Municipal Pool open? What are the costs and how can I join?
The Municipal Pool traditionally opens on Memorial Day Saturday and closes on Labor Day. The pool opens at 12:30 PM and closes at 8:00 PM. You can swim at our pool by purchasing a season pass, family or individual, or by paying a daily admission fee. The Recreation Department offers a 10% discount on all season passes purchased prior to the first day of the season. Passes are purchased at the Recreation Center, 235 South Third Street before the pool opens and at the pool after the pool opens.

When do swimming lessons begin and when and how can I register?
Swimming lessons at the Municipal Pool begin the second full week after the children are out of school for the summer. Our lessons begin at age 4. Registration forms are available beginning the second week of April. Please plan on registering early because many classes do fill.

How can I rent the pavillion at Memorial Park?
You can rent half or all of the pavillion at Memorial Park. Call the Recreation Department at 261-3275 for availability.

Can I use the softball and soccer fields?
The playing areas around the Borough are available for use by the public, however league play does have priority. There are schedules posted at the Memorial Park Pool and Pavilion indicating when the park fields are being used. You can call the Recreation Department at 261-3275 for the schedule of other fields such as South Second Street and Henninger Field.

Are there sites other than Memorial Park to reserve for picnics(or events)?
Yes, the Recreation Department accepts reservations for the Henninger Playground pavilion, the Mike Waters Memorial Park pavilion, and also reserves the Band Shell at Memorial Park for concerts and other group functions.

Can I use the Eugene C. Clarke Jr. Community Center?
The Eugene C. Clarke Jr. Community Center has meeting rooms, two gymnasiums and a large banquet room available for public use. Groups use the facility for meetings, dances, parties, weddings, basketball or volleyball. Call 261-3275 for additional information.

Can I register through the Recreation Department for Little League?
The Recreation Department does not supervise Little League, but we generally can provide a phone number of their representative.

Can I register for AYSO Soccer?
The Recreation Department does not supervise AYSO Soccer, but we generally can provide a phone number of their representative.

When will Chambersburg conduct Halloween?
Chambersburg celebrates Halloween on October 31st from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM unless the 31st falls on a Sunday and then the Borough celebrates Halloween on the 30th.

How do I find out about cancellation of Recreation Department activities?
The Chambersburg Recreation Department puts all cancellations on it’s HotLine at 263-6859.

When are the fireworks going to be launched this year?
4th of July festivities, including fireworks, are always held on July 4. Should the fireworks be rained out, they will be launched on the following Saturday, closest to the actual 4th of July day.
All contents � Copyright 2011 by Borough of Chambersburg. No part may be reproduced in any form without explicit written permission.